Search This Blog

Monday, January 27, 2014

Some finished projects

Touched up this Typhus by adding highlights and washes.  The original was just basecoated a plain green.  This was a fun exercise because I really got to accent the important areas and the details stand out so much more.


A converted Khorne lord.  I love how the owner made this model look.  This was one of first attempts at getting a nice red color on a whole model.  I've learned a lot about reds since this model so I can't wait to have a similar project to do.



Noise marines done for the same client.  He wanted a garish pink throughout the squad so I tried not to darken the pinks too much with my washes.  The green glow came out pretty well on the blasters.



Plague Marines!  These guys were awesome because I got to paint with the washes more than actual paints.  I used waagh flesh and nurgling green for the base coats and kept the fleshy areas a neutral color like xandri dust.  After that all I had to do was start laying down the washes, using mostly coelia greenshade for the armor.  The flesh areas had many layers of reikland fleshtone, carroburg crimson and druchi violet.  I worked fast and mixed the colors together many times to achieve a nasty, cancerous look.


Death Korps of Krieg chimeras along with a tiny glimpse of regiment.  I love doing vehicles now because you get to use a huge brush and work really fast.  The smallest highlights and effects over an entire model really bring character to an army.   You may notice the "Hello Kitty" soldier in the foreground.  Nothing intimidates an opponent like placing down 1 bright pink soldier among the death korps.


2 comments:

  1. That's some nice painting you've done here!

    _________________________________________________________________________

    www.thesparkofiyanden.blogspot.com - My Iyanden Army Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words. I gotta start updating the site more, I have so many projects not on here yet.

    ReplyDelete