Search This Blog

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Early Army Images

What a shock it was reading the rulebook and learning how the force organization chart worked.  Honour Guard aren't troops!  I needed to have some more models added before I had a true legal army and I hate playing with unpainted models so I had a ton of work ahead of me!

Not the most competitive setup...


 Low points game vs Rich's Grey Knights.  Those Dreadknights hurt!


I really enjoyed having tanks.  One the coolest reasons to play 40k.




First Rhino nearing completion.  Etherium Blue drybrush is pretty sweet.


Land Raider!  The mud effects was a lot of fun to do.  Stirland mud and little bit of drybrushing.


Needed a lower point HQ than Calgar so I adopted a Librarian.  He has had his own trials and tribulations.  These early pictures have him wielding a force staff which promptly snapped off due to finecast knowing it was a sub-optimal weapon choice.


Early basecoating stage.  I think I used Kantor Blue.  I no longer use that color since it has a little too much darkness in it.  


Final Stages.  Magnetized his storm shield and gave him a proper base to sit above the rest of dudes in the army.  His face looks terrible and I'm glad to have improved in that aspect of my painting.


Next up, the start of my favorite unit in my whole army.


No comments:

Post a Comment