Search This Blog

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Tau! Infantry galore

Here are some Tau I painted for a client.  This was a ton of infantry and quite a daunting task.  White was quite annoying to work with in the beginning until I developed a technique to achieve a pretty good table top white armor.

First layers on the mini.  Mephiston Red and Dawnstone/Ulthuan grey were the first coats.



Here is the wash stage.  You have to be sparing with the washes when working with light colors like white.  I always watered the Drakenhof nightshade down and only used nuln oil in the deepest cracks.



 Army shot.  I think there are 72 fire warriors in total.


Some cinematic shots I attempted.





 I love the way the sergeant came out.  He needs his own proper photo shoot one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment