Search This Blog

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Humble Beginnings....

The story of my Warhammer 40k career begins with passing comments and glances in the hobby store with my good friend Rich.  "Hey man, we really should play this game." , "Yeah, look how sick this one looks!" and with that the seed was sown.  Over the next decade or so we remained spectators and dream generals of little plastic armies until finally we made an agreement at Penny Arcade Expo '12.  After seeing countless armies and terrain boards we NEEDED to get in on this hobby.  

The purchase of Assault on Black Reach soon followed and we started furiously snipping and filing down tiny plastic pieces.  The one thing I never expected was how much fun the painting aspect of the hobby was.  I really became interested in having a really cool looking army on the table and doing battle with other well painted forces.

Here are some of my first painted Ultramarines, done in April of 2012.  I can't believe the progress I have made and look forward to only getting better.  I hope you enjoy this little journey through my past and future projects.

This is before I learned how different shades of the same color really help a mini out.
Close to my first finished squad.  Altdorf Guard Blue + Nuln Oil was all I used for the blues.  Very Basic.

First big HQ model painted.  Would do things 1000x differently now.

Few early noob scouts and first transport.

Assault on Black Reach Captain

It definitely is eye-opening taking a look at early paint jobs and seeing what has changed.  Stay tuned for plenty more images and stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment